This Blog is no longer active...

A Subtle Hint from the Universe?

Synchronicity...

Today I happened across the following quote 3 times, in three different places.

"This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one, the being a force of nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making me happy...I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no brief candle to me. It is a splendid torch which I've got to hold up for the moment and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations"
-George Bernard Shaw








Hmmm...Kind of puts one in ones place.

So, I am inspired to think more seriously about my use in this world. Do I have something special to offer? Is there a way that we can all be of use? A way to make this world a little better? (like smiling at everyone who meets your eye or holding the door for the person behind you) How bright will your torch burn before you pass it on to your children, nieces, nephews, the children to come?


I challenge you (and myself) to burn the brightest possible!

No comments: