This Blog is no longer active...

Tchotchkes

Yeah.
Those things!
I have a lot...but...
Have you ever tried to pronounce it?
I've always wanted to know how it was said and, yet, never took it upon myself to find out. While being fairly intelligent and well read, pronunciations are not my forte. I tend to say things as the they are spelled. Which led to a rather embarassing announcement at Andrew's family dinner table that "Bruce Cockburn" was coming to town to play...
One of my pronunciation problems solved!
tchotchkes a sweet and interesting blog, especially for creative moms, has a banner explaining it all...
That is NOT how I would've said it. Closer to "T'Hot Chicks"...Thank goodness thats not it!


1 comment:

Tegan Henry said...

Well, I can certainly get behind "T' Hot Chicks" as well! Thanks for the kind words Andrea- So nice to virtually meet you and learn about your world!
hearts, tegan