This Blog is no longer active...

A Lioness


Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace.
The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things;
Knows not the livid loneliness of fear, nor mountain heights where bitter joy can hear the sound of wings.
-Amelia Earhart

a photo taken in Harbour Grace, Newfoundland the starting point of Earhart's Atlantic crossing...

I am in need of a little courage. I have things to set in motion. Big, life altering things. Probably the reason for my illness, a cold in response to stresses and negative thoughts. I first became a fan when I was 19 and read a novel in which a heroine idolizes Earhart. I have been fascinated by her for years but never really took the time to learn about her life. Perhaps now is the time. After reading this quote today and knowing what I must do to find peace in this only life.
...and so I wish you courage and peace today while I reach for the same.
xoxox

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, this quote is intense!

A good thing!