This Blog is no longer active...

"My Precious..."



My version of those Christmas bulbs catching every blogger's eye...

I gathered twigs and branches
and herbs and seeds
and grasses and tiny dried flowers
all fall.
I had no idea what I was going to do with them...
Photography has given me new eyes
and I am falling in love with the minutia of my world.
The small pieces that were oft over looked.
With camera to eye they become looked over and precious.
So, like the fallen hobbit, I was constantly grabbing and hording "my precious..."
My camera bag the coffin of the dead flora.

So when I saw these I knew...
This is what the hording was for.
You really should see them from the original makers, (Land-Rich) click the link under the photos above. Mine have less in them because I liked them that way but the ones after the jump are sublime. A word rarely used...

xoxox

4 comments:

Torilpia said...

You take beautiful pictures and add wonderful words to them .. an outstanding experience reading/watching your blog :o)

Line said...

this is so sweet, fragile and a pure beauty!!!

kerin rose said...

beautiful photos...so dreamy....

Victoria Bennett Beyer said...

I do love how precious these look under the glass. Your photographs make them look important. I horde things too - right now I have four or five dried leaves waiting to be photographed, that I have saved since, well, I don't even know when.