This Blog is no longer active...

Chef Andree



I said in a previous post that I tripped over the World when going to check on a quiche I had in the oven...Well I figured if it turned out good I'd share the "recipe" with you...It was good, and will be better next time with a couple of adjustments...



Things that Happened to be in the Refrigerator Quiche



one frozen deep dish pie crust (vegetarian)
approximately 225 grams of small (cooked, de-veined, shelled) shrimp
frozen organic spinach- thawed (I steamed fresh and froze it into 3/4 cup servings earlier in the month)
2 green onions
3/4 cup old cheddar
3 whole free range eggs and 3 whites (you can adjust this as you See Fit...)
1 clove crushed garlic* (organic because it is left from my dad's garden)
lots and lots black pepper*
a tiny pinch (like a two year old's pinch!) nutmeg*
another tiny pinch of red pepper* (cayenne)
1/2 large avocado

*you can adjust or vary the spices to suit your taste
(I will leave out the nutmeg on my next attempt because it didn't mix in well...)

My oven is very tricky but if I could have I would have pre-heated to 425 degrees F.

I pre-baked the crust for a few minutes as instructed on the box. If you can make good un-sweetened crust I strongly suggest you do! While this was pre-baking I threw the shrimp and chopped onion into a pan with a little olive oil, to thaw the shrimp and soften the onion, about 3-4 minutes on medium heat. Put the shrimp, onion, spinach and coarsely chopped cheddar (or grated if you prefer) into the pie shell. Whip the eggs with a little water and the spices and pour into the shell. I then sliced the avocado thinly and arranged the slices atop the eggs, sprinkle pepper...Put on a baking sheet and bake for about 35 minutes (of course with my oven I need to check a million times to make certain nothing has caught on fire! I hope you have a better one!)

Let me know if you try this or a variation of your own!






Bon Appetit!


p.s. goes great with a squeeze of lemon, a very dry red and a green salad with a vinaigrette.

5 comments:

Line said...

looks delicious I will try, l'idée des avocats est géniale!

She-Fit said...

Oh wow! Count me in to make this one. I love quiche!

Shrink to Fit said...

Yum. Looks good and sounds delish! I have an oven like yours - it has it's own mind ;)

MrsLittleJeans said...

O thank you! I love quiches!

Adrienne said...

This will be the first ever quiche I try~ It looks great!